To apply for EPLO’s LLM in IEL, students must first complete the application form and submit the relevant documents to be considered for admission.
Given its interdisciplinary nature, the EPLO LLM in IEL is open to any prospective applicant with background in law, economics, political science, international relations, governance studies, business, international and European studies and/or related fields. Applicants with a particularly competitive profile with evidence of relevant professional experience and long-term dedication to the field will also be considered. Recent graduates showing strong interest on IEL matters during their studies (in the form of research, conferences, publications, moot courts, etc) will be given positive consideration during the application process. Due to the international nature of the program, degree equivalencies will be determined by the EPLO as a requisite for admission.
Upon submission of your online application form, you will be requested to attach some required documents to be considered for admission. In case you face any difficulties when submitting your application form or the attachments, please send an email to email@example.com.
Please be advised that the application process will be conducted online in its entirety and you are not required to submit any document by post before you are finally admitted. Paper-based documents will be required if needed to prove authenticity of the declared credentials and for the enrolment process.
Required documents to apply for admission:
1. Copy of your passport (bio page).
2. Copy of your undergraduate university degree (if not available in English, you will be required to provide additionally an officially translated version).
3. Copy of your postgraduate degrees (if any) (if not available in English, you will be required to provide additionally an officially translated version).
4. Copy of your academic transcript (indicating subjects taken and grades obtained). If not available in English, you will be required to provide an officially translated version).
5. Two reference letters in English. These letters should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject section “Reference Letter-Applicant’s Name”.
6. If you are applying for a scholarship, you should also send a copy of your income-tax return and/or that of the person you’re dependent on.
Students can apply on their last year of undergraduate studies before receiving their undergraduate degree, and if admitted they will be granted a conditional admission. This admission will be confirmed provided that the student receives the undergraduate degree before the beginning of the programme.
Upon correct reception of all the requested documents, the AIELPO’s Admissions Committee will issue an admission decision and a financial offer considering all the relevant criteria within 2 weeks. Students are given 2 more weeks to accept or reject the offer and place the reservation deposit.
All courses of the program will be taught in English. As a result, students originating from non-English speaking countries must evidence their level of English language skills in accordance with the following criteria:
• TOEFL Internet, Score of 90 or above
• Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency, Grade B or above
• Any other internationally recognized test with equivalent marks
Those whose native language is not English but whose undergraduate or postgraduate degree was fully taught in English are exempted from this requirement.
The Admission Committee of the EPLO LLM in IEL reserves the right to conduct interviews with applicants in order to assess applicants’ language skills as a supplementary means of language assessment.